No matter whether you are fulfilling your lifelong dream by traveling to Nice or going for a business trip in Paris (ok, jealous!), you need to take care of your safety first. One thing to know about traveling to any European country is that you will be using a lot of public WI-FI hotspots. They’re available everywhere, even on the streets! But with the convenience comes the danger of catching viruses or giving out your credit card information to complete strangers. To protect your devices and, ultimately, your data safety – check out our list of bullet-proof VPNs for France.
Why Do You Need VPN in France?
You might still wonder why do you need a VPN in such a highly-developed country as France. We have put together the main reasons why every Internet user should install a VPN on their device when traveling to France. Here they are:
- Uninterrupted security. This is the first and foremost reason you might want to use a VPN. The service creates a so-called tunnel through which all your Internet traffic passes. Because of this mechanism, your personal information cannot be intercepted when you’re using a public hotspot or paying with your smartphone. Security protocols encrypt traffic, and this function makes your connection reliable and secure.
- With VPN protection you can be sure that when you’re surfing the Internet you are completely anonymous. This is possible because every time you turn on VPN you are given a new IP address. It means websites can’t trace you back to your real location. Almost all paid versions of VPN have the ability to select the server country. For example, if you need a US IP address, you can select it from the list of proposed servers. Make sure the chosen VPN has Kill Switch functionality, to avoid leaks of your actual IP.
- Access geographically-restricted content. You might find that Hulu and Netflix aren’t the same outside the US. However, if you’re using a high-quality VPN, you’ll be able to bypass those restrictions and continue watching your favorite shows without interruptions. Make sure that your provider offers high-speed traffic, otherwise your experience may suffer.
- Improving Internet speed. Some providers set restrictions on popular web resources, which makes the data transfer speed slow. There are even special sites that allow you to measure the speed index of different Internet providers. If you have noticed such problems, then try a VPN and measure the connection speed with it.
Top VPNs for France
It is time to find out which VPN perfectly meets your expectations. All VPNs differ in a variety of settings and functions. How do you choose the perfect one? We’ve compiled the top 3 best VPNs for France. You can be sure of each of them because they are the market leaders.
Express VPN. We bet you heard about this one. The provider has a lot of servers all around the world. It is also one of the fastest services out there. You can be sure that using Express VPN will not affect your internet speed in any way.
Nord VPN. One of the most top-notch and yet affordable VPNs. Rest assured that with this service you will unblock any content that is inaccessible due to geolocation settings.
CyberGhost VPN. Has a user-friendly interface, which makes it just perfect for beginners. When using this VPN service, you can be sure that for the paid tariff you will be given the maximum speed due to a large number of servers. This VPN is also quite affordable.
How To Install VPN to Your Device?
VPN is a fairly simple program to install. All you need is a device and an internet connection. Follow these simple instructions for installing VPN on your desktop device and you will definitely succeed:
- Download the installation file from VPNs official website.
- Open the file and start the installation process.
- After installation is completed, open the program.
- Choose your plan.
- Now you can choose the server from the list of proposed.
- Choose France to obtain a French IP address or another country if you want to hide your traffic while in France.
- Enjoy your secure connection!
Why Paid VPN is Better than Free One?
It would seem why pay more if there are completely free VPN options on the market? Yes, there are free options. But do you really need them?
Free VPNs often provide the user with a very limited list of features. And the features are directly responsible for the security of your connection. The connection is not as secure as it would be when using the full version. Also, often free versions do not provide users a necessary opportunity for the majority, such as the choice of a specific country of service. And this can become a problem if your main goal is to bypass the geolocation ban.
And to conclude: as it said in the famous french quote “Il vaut mieux tenir que courir”, which means “Prevention is better than a cure”. We think the same. It is better to feel safe with a good VPN provider than face the consequences of personal data leakage.