Is Bitdefender VPN Still Good in 2021?
With the growth of various Internet threats, users started seeking reliable protection. A feasible VPN service provider can provide security to the user without any potential risks. VPN is legal, reliable, and safe. A large selection of different VPN services is now available on the market: expensive, cheap, and even free. The question is which one should you choose? More and more users are switching to paid VPNs because they have a better chance to protect important data and files. They also have advanced features, which will help to ensure complete security and anonymity.
Bitdefender Premium VPN is one of the paid VPNs. And it definitely has the potential of becoming the most preferred VPNs in the coming time. The company has already established a big name in the community and will not stop here. The software is a complete package in allocating security services with ease. It provides access to more than 1300 servers located all around the planet for better reach.
We will try to answer your questions about the security, reliability, and usefulness of Bitdefender VPN in this detailed review. This review will probably help you to make an appropriate defense choice for your device.
Bitdefender Pros and Cons
Firstly, we will put forward some of the features that make Bitdefender VPN recommendable for regular use. The application ensures a stable internet connection with an established ISP. The user will not experience any lags and interruptions while using the VPN servers across the globe. Almost every server is equally capable of giving the best service to the users.
On the other side of the coin, it is believed that the free version of Bitdefender VPN is not useful enough. The customer must buy a paid subscription to activate the full potential of the application. Moreover, the user must have the Bitdefender Antivirus Premium subscription to launch the VPN service. It is not available to be downloaded as solo software and requires assistance from other programs.
Then What do We Like About Bitdefender VPN?
There is no doubt in the fact that no VPN service provider is perfect. Still, Bitdefender VPN manages to have some important benefits for the users. A few of them are listed below:
- easy system to use and navigate (minimalistic design)
- DNS leaks protection
- good speed test results
- works well with Netflix
- 7 days free trial
- servers switching without limitation
- good customer support
But also, there are some things we don’t like about Bitdefender:
- questionable log policy
- minimum number of features
- doesn’t work with Amazon, Disney +
- don’t have own servers (uses Hotspot Shield servers)
What is Bitdefender VPN Best For?
We can highlight two points in which VPN is not inferior to its competitors.
- the ability to view and unblock Netflix US. You can stream movies, tv serials without any difficulty. The speed test showed a good result, so there should be no problems with video playback
- good for home use and beginners. Bitdefender VPN has a simple and minimalistic interface, so even a person who has never used VPN before can quickly sort it out.
Highlights of Bitdefender VPN
- User privacy. The user is assured about their data protection and anti-theft policies. All the major details are kept anonymous while surfing the inline through a public network. The suspicious websites are not allowed to open on the browser.
- Device compatibility. Bitdefender VPN is a sustainable option for shielding your devices from unwanted attacks. A single paid subscription can work for up to 10 different devices simultaneously. This software is compatible with every available operating system like Android, Windows, Mac, and iOS.
- Streaming services. It is important to note that Bitdefender VPN does not have its network of servers. It mainly piggybacks on the VPN servers initiated by the Hotspot Shield VPN service provider. This means, all the properties of Bitdefender VPN servers are based on the latter servers. It is a prominent choice for streaming movies and videos on Netflix and Hulu platforms. However, users faced some issues while operating on Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and some servers. Otherwise, most of the servers are effective enough to unlock the OTT-based websites.
- Torrenting capabilities. For the most part, Bitdefender VPN will allow the users to torrent while providing full access. The customer support mentions no potential restrictions on torrents, and users can easily access the media. However, it is not clear whether this feature is available on every server of the application. For the time being, you can browse movies and download them from the torrent. In case an error arises, try switching the server location that is near your actual location.
- Affordable price policy. Bitdefender VPN proposes good price packages, some of them allow you to save money. Also, you can test the service for free with their 7-days trial.
Features of Bitdefender VPN
The company offers customers a standard set of features, which is found in almost every VPN service available on the market.
DNS and WebRTC leak protection. These important features can protect your personal data and IP address. Fortunately, according to all tests, Bitdefender VPN secures you from any information leaks.
KillSwitch. Your device will stay secure even in a situation when your VPN suddenly drops down. KillSwitch will automatically keep you fully protected.
No logs policy. The company states that it is not keeping your personal data. But here is the rock on which we split. Among the details, which Bitdefender VPN records, you can see the IP address as well. And should be the wake-up call for potential users. The IP address is the most important detail for confidentiality. If it can be available to someone, then anonymity remains a big question.
No censorship tools. Full access to the Internet is blocked in some countries (this includes websites, social networks, streaming sites, some information). This feature is supposed to unblock limited access to the Internet in those countries, where Bitdefender has its servers.
Connections number. You can use this VPN on up to 10 devices simultaneously.
Bitdefender VPN Reliability & Security
The company declares that it provides users with the highest level of protection, as it uses the latest methods of information security. Bitdefender uses the most secure encryption standard available – AES-256.
Bitdefender also uses the fastest type of security protocols, which is currently available on the market. It is Hydra Catapult protocol. And they are much faster than popular OperaVPN protocols.
How fast is Bitdefender VPN?
Speed is the most important thing for Internet users. But it is a known fact that the work of any VPN usually slows down the speed. That’s why it is important to understand how much the speed will differ with and without VPN enabled.
When it comes to the speed of Bitdefender it shows good testing results. Every time you get connected to the closest server spot to your location VPNS speed can reach 170-190Mbps per second. And this is a high result when compared with other VPNs. In the US the speed can reach an impressive 270-280 190Mbps per second. See the results below:
How much does Bitdefender VPN cost?
The Bitdefender VPN Premium service plan can be purchased directly from their official website. The purchase will include all the services that will enhance the overall experience while using the internet. The software comes along with two different package deals for the users. One-month plan ($6,99 per month) and one-year plan ($2,49 per month). That’s obvious that with the long-term plan you can save up to 40% of the money.
Apart from this, a free 7 days version is also available. But unfortunately, it allows only 200 MB of data per day. This can be an issue for those customers, who want to test Bitdefender at work. The server is automatically selected, and you can change it according to your will.
The user can also claim a complete refund within 30 days of a successful purchase.
Is Bitdefender VPN a good value for money?
Bitdefender VPN has not considered a good value for money. The alternate VPN service providers are much more effective and provide extra features. Moreover, you have to install the Bitdefender antivirus to use the VPN. The developers might improve the software and, until then, go for some other VPNs.
Customer support service
When you need to solve your problems immediately you usually contact support. Fortunately, Bitdefender is all about help. You can find all support that you need on their official website.
They do have a phone line and 24/7 live chat. If these options are not convenient, you can also send them an email request. The response time for emails is about 12-hours. Not that quick.
You can also find an answer to your questions in the FAQ section or by watching How-To videos presented on the website.
Overall, Bitdefender`s customer support is good and we can say that the company cares about its customers.
How to set up Bitdefender VPN on Windows/Mac OS
Bitdefender VPN is quite easy when it comes to installation. But still, you need to check system requirements before the installation process to avoid problems that may arise if the requirements are not suitable for your device. Follow these easy steps to install Bitdefender on your desktop device:
- Download the installation file from the VPNs website.
- Open the installation file and start the installation process.
- After it’s completed, open the app.
- Enter your credentials to sign in or create a new profile by pressing sign up.
- Choose a preferable location.
- Enjoy your safe connection.
Overall, Bitdefender VPN should not be the first choice as primary security software. The application still lacks behind in several aspects that are much needed in a VPN service. Rather, it is recommended to go for some alternatives as they are viable in every condition. Make sure to go through the complete details before finalizing the Bitdefender VPN for your office or home. In case you want in-depth considerations, contact their support team available for your service.