Avast SecureLine VPN: Still Good as Gold in 2021
Avast SecureLine VPN service is a part of Avast Software company. This VPN service is now spread among 55 areas in 32 countries! The company aims to provide security and privacy to all Internet users worldwide. It applies progressive technologies to prevent users from cyber attacks. The provider uses a big cloud-based machine learning engine in order to protect users’ data. It is crucial for the company to provide quality products, that’s why the biggest part of Avast’s employees is from such respected institutions as Standford, Oxford, MIT, etc. Avast’s developers constantly improve the services and aim to pursue excellence.
Is Avast SecureLine VPN Good and Safe to Use?
Though Avast SecureLine VPN is quite popular, it does not give an outstanding performance like other VPNs on the market. The current product has to be better than before as IT technologies are developing every day and the competition in the digital world is really high. That’s why people are searching for the best security and privacy-oriented VPNs. However, this VPN provider stands out of some other VPN services, because with Avast SecureLine VPN you can get access to many streaming sites. YouTube, Amazon prime, Disney+, or BBC iPlayer can easily be accessed with this VPN, and there is no blocking for it.
Pros and cons
Let’s take a look at what benefits Avast SecureLine VPN can provide to its users and what issues the company still needs to work on.
- a wide range of server locations;
- the speed test results are excellent;
- this VPN provider implemented clear privacy policies;
- it is well-encrypted. An encryption number of Avast SecureLine VPN is 256. It means users are protected from brute-force attacks;
- there is an opportunity to use torrents;
- it has a no-logs policy. Data logs of users’ online activity are not saved. Though, the company does keep some connection logs. Those are mostly the logs that show when you connect to a server. It will also show how long you stay connected, and how much bandwidth you use;
- the company has customer support that will promptly fulfill all your requests;
- the clients can use this VPN on both mobile and desktop. All you need to do to get access to one of Avast’s servers to hide your IP address is the click of a button;
- there are no DNS, IP, or WebRTC leaks. Avast SecureLine VPN encrypts its clients’ traffic, thus no third parties can break inside. But what is most important, is that it helps to hide your real location. It means that even government agencies cannot see what you do on the Internet;
- there is no malware as this VPN secures users from downloading malicious files.
We don’t like:
- there is no VPN for routers. Your PC and mobile devices will be protected, though the additional support for your router will not be provided by Avast SecureLine VPN;
- it doesn’t work with Netflix. Netflix can tell when you use VPN and blocks the streaming line immediately;
- the company is led by the jurisdiction of the Czech Republic as it was established there. The users don’t have anything against the country itself, but the fact that the Czech Republic cooperates with Five Eyes Countries makes some users anxious.
This VPN service is awesome for personal and business purposes. You will stay safe even if you use unsecured public Wi-Fi. Avast will keep you from ransomware, viruses, phishing, and hackers’ attacks. Moreover, you will have the possibility to clean up all the junk items storing in your device. The company’s mission is to build a safe digital world for all users worldwide. From a small business to an international company: Avast has got you! This VPN provider drives innovation and makes best-in-class privacy decisions. The next-gen security engine uses behavioral detection, cloud-based machine learning, and delivers strong protection.
Highlights of Avast SecureLine VPN
This company has 4 key concepts: malware detection and blocking, machine learning, Internet of things, and location technologies.
Since 1997 the company has reached some remarkable milestones: engaged more than 435 million users from all over the world, has prevented its users from more than 1.5 billion attacks, incorporated 11 thousand servers in multiple locations, and gave jobs to 1700+ employees. Isn’t it impressive?
Good speed, the ability to use Torrenting, no-log policy are only some of the cool features that Avast SecureLine VPN offers. Avast SecureLine is a completely user-friendly application. First of all, it erases the users’ activities after 30 days. Also, this service provides a leak-free connection and is very easy to use. It keeps your data protected and assures strong security. But, some other VPNs have better features and provide you with the same options at better pricing.
You can install this VPN on up to 10 devices, no matter what operating system you use. You will get a ransomware shield that will protect the files in the secured folders. You can also get a remote access shield that will block unnecessary remote connections. A “Web shield” feature will check your URLs and certificates for safety purposes. Avast SecureLine can also monitor your emails and email attachments to ensure they are malware-free.
The negative side is that there are no additional add-ons to subscriptions. For example, TorGuard offers a residential IP address add-on. Video streaming services don’t block the residential IP addresses, which is a big plus for Netflix fans.
Reliability & Security
Avast SecureLine has recently gained a “kill switch” where if the VPN drops, the users stay protected. The company prevents its clients’ data from the DNS and WebRTC leaks.
You don’t need to worry that your Internet provider, employer, or any other third party can see your data. You are able to connect to public Wi-Fi and to the network in any unprotected areas. Streaming services usually block some content if VPN is on. Avast SecureLine VPN allows you to avoid that. Moreover, the Internet speed with this VPN will still be high!
It’s a well-known fact that Internet connection always slows down when you use a VPN. Generally speaking, Avast SecureLine’s speed test results are good. The download speed is quite decent if compared to the other VPN providers. The latency time is remarkably low. It could have been a top-performing VPN on the market if the upload scores were a bit higher. Let’s see how the speed changes with the VPN on. In the first picture, we may see a test speed result without the VPN:
Let’s see what are the speed test results with Avast SecureLine VPN in some locations in the United States and the Netherlands:
From the results above we can make a conclusion that your device’s speed will stay top-notch even with the VPN on.
Pricing Packages and Discounts
Avast SecureLine VPN is comparatively cheap. Avast does not have monthly plans. Though single-device plans at a discounted price can be offered. You can secure one device, on any operating system, for 47.88 USD per year, 71.76 USD every two years, or 107.64 USD every three years. Formerly, Avast had some separate fees depending on what platform version of its service you use. But they are no longer applied, which is good for the users.
This VPN provider offers different packages for every user’s taste. For personal use purposes, you can choose “Avast Ultimate” for 49.99 USD per year (for 1 device) or for 59.99 USD for up to 10 devices.
There are several nice packages for professional use:
- “Small Office”. It gives online protection for small offices and up to 10 devices that you use for business. The price is 139.99 USD per year;
- “Small Business”. Up to 100 devices will be protected for 51.99 USD per year;
- “Business”. For only 56.99 USD per year up to 1000 devices will be protected.
There is also a free trial period and a 30-day refund policy.
Support and Customer Service
There is an Avast website where you can find answers to all your questions. Also, there is a “blog” section, useful articles, and FAQ tab. If you don’t find the needed information in previously mentioned sources, feel free to contact customer support directly by filling out a small questionnaire that will help the customer support representative find a solution as fast as possible. Customer support agents are happy to assist you with the setup processes, refund requests, etc. They will give you more details about different types of subscriptions and help you to choose the most suitable one. There is also a live chat option where knowledgeable operators help the users solve their problems. It is completely reliable and helpful. Sending a request via email is also possible, though this option will take more resolution time. So, the overall customer support in this company is pretty good, though the knowledge base section could be improved.
How to Install Avast SecureLine VPN on Windows or Mac OS
The setup process won’t take much of your time. Just follow these guidelines and enjoy all the benefits of Avast SecureLine VPN!
- download the app;
- double-click the Avast SecureLine VPN icon on your desktop and open the application;
- change the switch from “off” to “on”. After you will get connected to the Avast SecureLine VPN default server. You can pick a different server location if needed.
Avast SecureLine VPN definitely has its advantages and disadvantages. The service is easy to use and it provides great performance. This VPN provider has brilliant features and the prices are quite reasonable. The apps don’t have anything to complain about and satisfy the users completely. However there is no stealth protocol for VPN blocking, it is not even faintly advanced. The company believes that there are no limits to improvement and constantly creates new options and applies new positive changes for its users’ comfort.